Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Own Script

another year has come and gone
so many lessons were there to learn
and some of them again I missed
and here another year comes a new
torn between the two
i fight on and on and on
every day with my own self
to keep my sanity and live another day
defeated and beaten down to earth
but only I can pick me up
to start again to make new strides
in this fleeting days of illusion
i must stand for myself to live
and though I may have failed before
i will try some more .. again and again
to learn to overcome the lower self
and passions of the mind I bear
of anger, lust and vanity
of attachment and even greed
no one says that
its easy to deal with the unexpected
especially when bad memories linger everywhere
they are killing you softly
in a world full of lies and deceit
where people change alliances at a drop of a coin
sometimes there is a window of hope
that all is not lost after all
as the year comes to a new beginning
i try not to go back to where i began
a brand new year and a fresh new start
to rewrite the script with my own plan



J.AV

No comments:

Post a Comment